Microchip has a large portfolio of high-speed communication ICs for different fiber optic applications with data rates ranging from sub-Mbps up to 12.5 Gbps. For point-to-point continuous-mode applications, a wide choice of limiting amplifiers, laser drivers and VCSEL drivers is offered to cover all kind of applications such as GbE/10GbE, Sonet/SDH and Fibre Channel. For point-to-multipoint PON applications, Microchip offers the burst mode limiting amplifiers family with industry-leading performance for GEPON/GPON, 10GEPON, XGPON and NG-PON2 applications. A family of SFF-8472 MSA fiber optic module management ICs completes the chipset offering. The high-speed communications products also include a family of Clock and Data Recovery (CDR) ICs for operations up to 2.7 Gbps.
- Solutions for all fiber optic application up to 12.5 Gbps
- Industry-leading performance for PON applications
- Work down to DC, No lower cutoff frequency
- Application up to 10 Gbps.
- Edge emitting and surface emitting lasers
- Low power
- Integrated laser driver and limiting amplifier
- Works with MIC3003 controller
- For applications with edge-emitting or surface-emitting lasers up to 4.25 Gbps
- Integrates all FOM modules, no data path functions
- SFF-8472 MSA compliant
- Easy module parameters settings, no programming required
- Wide range of applications up to 2.7 Gbps.
- SONET/SDH/ATM, Gigabit Ethernet, Fibre Channel, Infiniband applications
- Complies with Bellcore, ITU/CCITT and ANSI specifications